Sunday, November 3, 2013

Visit to the Hunter


A few weekends ago, my friend Hannah and I visited Chattanooga's Hunter Museum of America Art. I have a confession to make. I grew up just 45 minutes north of Chattanooga, even lived in Chattanooga for a few years and have worked here for about 4 years. But I have never been to the Hunter Museum. It has always been there, and I have always known about it, but I just never got around to going. I guess I thought it is always going to be there. And I am a procrastinator, clearly.
We were able to leisurely walk through and take in the art and quiet atmosphere. All and all, it was an enjoyable first visit. We walked out to the back balcony after seeing all the art and watched the rowing teams race as part of the River Rocks festival. We then headed down to The Block, which holds the new climbing gym and Rock/Creek store, right in the center of downtown. Stuff was happening! Pictured above: Scintillating Blue 38-30 by Hans Hofmann.



Above: Young Woman Reading a Book by Malvina Hoffman


Above: Untitled (from a suite of four geometric compositions) by Ilya Bolotowsky



Above: Opal Reunion by Robert Rauschenberg


Above: Companion #4 by Thomas Scoon










No comments:

Post a Comment